Sunday, August 26, 2012

Kung Fu Panda: Lesson 4

4.      The secret to unlimited power is to “believe”.
 
In the movie, the hero and the villain fought over the Dragon Scroll, which contained the secret to unlimited power. However, when the scroll was eventually unveiled, it turned out to be an anticlimax because the scroll was blank. Po later discovered that the secret of the scroll is simply to “believe”.

In another scene, Shifu had an exchange of words with Grand Master Oogway on Po’s potential. Shifu was dismissive of Po, saying, “The panda? He is no dragon warrior!” However, Grand Master Oogway, in his wisdom, foretold that, “maybe he can, if you are willing to guide him, to nurture him, to believe in him!”
    

As a teacher, I believe in the value of education. I also believe in what I teach. Most importantly, I believe in my students who are really the hope and future of the real estate profession. I honestly believe that the best buildings have yet to be built, and the most innovative real estate deals have yet to be structured, because the people behind those buildings and deals are in my classroom today.

Source: "Four Lessons from Kung Fu Panda", OEA Public Lecture Series 2012.

No comments: