Friday, September 14, 2007

Sunshine In My Eyes!

If I had a tale that I could tell you
I’d tell a tale sure to make you smile
If I had a wish that I could wish for you
I’d make a wish for sunshine all the while!

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me happy
Sunshine in my eyes can make me cry
Sunshine on the water looks so lovely
Sunshine almost always makes me high
Sunshine almost all the time makes me high
Sunshine almost always!
- John Denver -
.
Three things that you could do on a sunshine day!

(1) Sun tan
.
Whenever the sun comes out, it is not uncommon to see students lying on the grass; we have seen some sun bathing in their bikinis around campus!
.
Photo: Froggy relaxing in our backyard (sun bathing in his birthday suit) enjoying the sun and aromatheraphy (basil herb).
.








.
.
.
.
.
.
.


(2) Amusement park
.
A popular destination for families with young children.
.
Photos: Brent and Abdullah (two distinguished real estate professors in PennState) with their daughters. No chance of catching them in research, but will try to beat them nevertheless - in the kiddy car race! We are extremely grateful to Brent and Sharon (his wife) for helping us find the house we are currently renting in Happy Valley.
.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(3) BBQ
.
Barbecuing, as a cooking technique, combines American's love of the outdoors with the love of convenience and meat. According to a survey, 73% of Americans own a grill! Popular bbq items include steaks, chicken, pork, kebabs, sausages and burgers. All very meaty and yummy!
.
Photo: Austin, Head of the Department of Insurance and Real Rstate at PennState. He taught me real estate investment in 1990-1 when I did my M.Sc. (Real Estate) in NUS. He was the visiting professor then. Austin played an instrumental role in enthusing me to specialize in real estate investment and finance. One of my mentors whom I am indebted to, especially for his advice and guidance during the early stages of my academic career! A giant in his field! A former president of the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association (AREUEA) and author of "Real Estate Investment Analysis",, the green cover textbook which I used when I was a student.


Friends impact our lives in many different ways!