Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Fullness of Life

I have recently acquired a new hobby. As a gift for myself on my birthday (May), I bought a digital SLR camera - Canon 550D at just below S$1,800. To learn how to use the camera, I have signed up for several photography courses. In Jun/July, I will be attending a nature photography course organized by the National Parks and the Nature Photographic Society of Singapore. It will be held over 6 half-Saturday (8 am -12 noon) which involves 2 hours of theory lesson in class and 2 hours practical at the Botanical Gardens.

In May, we celebrated our 18th anniversary! To celebrate, we took a “local” holiday. My wife didn’t want to travel as we are already going abroad in June (Europe) and July (HK). So, we decided to book a room at the Fullerton Hotel, which I found a bargain thru the internet. For $288 a night, inclusive of buffet breakfast, river cruise + F/B voucher of S$88 (which can be used for dinner). They allow late check-out till 3 pm. For an extra S$50, you get to upgrade to a room with the view of the Marina Bay. The upgrade was worth it as the room at the 7th floor comes with a balcony and overlooking the integrated resort and the Singapore flyer. It was also two rooms away from Room 777, which is the very room the late Goh Keng Swee and Hon Sui Sen occupied as Finance Minister during the early days of Singapore independeence.

Below is a photo I took using the new camera.
Finally, I would like to share the following prayer (twice I received it recently; first from my wife on my birthday, and second from the church elder during the contact group dedication):
“When I think of the wisdom and scope of God’s plan, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will give you mighty inner strength through his Holy Spirit. And I pray that Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts as you trust in him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God’s marvelous love. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love really is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is so great you will never fully understand it. Then you will be filled with the fullness of life and power that comes from God.”

(Ephesians 3: 14-19; NLT).

No comments: