Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Think Happy Moments

When I think of my past, I try to dwell on the good times, the happy moments, and not to be haunted by the bad... To me the gift of life is contained in the command, ...
... whatever happens "Don't let it get you. Just keep on going." Thus... I try to think of the good that I have already experienced and what will still be coming. - Rose Kennedy.
.
photo (left): the neighbor's garden at Happy Valley (2008). Note the pretty pink peony bush in the background. ...
photo: garden statue
.
.
.
..
Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. This day is all that is good and fair. It is too dear, with its hopes and invitations, to waste a moment on the yesterdays.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
.
reflection: "look not mournfully into the past. It comes not back again. Wisely improve the Present. It is thine. Go forth to meet the shadowy Future, without fear, and with a manly heart." - H.W. Longfellow
...

No comments: