Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On the Road: Monterey & Chicago

It is the time of the year again for real estate academics to make their annual pilgrimage to the US to attend the American Real Estate Society's annual meeting.
internet photo: monterey
This year the meeting will be held in Monterey, which is a spectacular coastal community in northern California. Endowed with natural beauty, cultural resources and rich historic past (spanish), Monterey is located 115 miles south of San Francisco and 350 miles north of Los Angeles. The ARES meeting will run from April 2 to 4. I will be chairing one session as well as presenting a research paper. One of my research students will present another paper.

photo: Chicago (Oct 08)
Instead of coming home immediately after the meeting, I will be going to Chicago to present another research paper at the Real Estate Research Institute (RERI) research conference, which will be held on April 7&8.

My flight to the US depart in the early morning of April 1. I will reach home just in time to celebrate Good Friday and Easter Sunday. During my travel, I am unlikely to update this blog. In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to bless you with a benediction as we remember the passion of Christ:

"The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; The LORD turns his face towards you and give you peace." - Numbers 6:24-26

No comments: